Farrell Auctioneers & Estate Agents LTD are delighted to bring to the market this German built 158 sqm eco-house set on 0.6 acres on a quiet no-through road. It was featured on the ‘About the House’ TV series with Duncan Stewart as their eco-build of 2005. This family home is in close proximity to a National School and also to a Secondary School bus route. It comprises of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen/dining room, utility, hall and sitting room. It is a warm, dry, easy to heat home with many eco-features and healthy finishes. Set in beautiful countryside with rolling hills but still only an 7km to Gort town centre which is a host to all amenities and also the access to the Limerick/Tuam M18 motorway which is ideal for those commuting to and from work. This house is a must view to appreciate the area and all the features this beautiful home has to offer.
• Wamsler pellet stove providing heating and hot water with Metalltec double skin stainless steel flue pipes and indoor pellet storage
• Solar Panels- 10 sq m for heating and hot water
• Pro-Solar 1000 litre insulated hot water tank with heat exchanger
• Excellent sound insulation between rooms/floors and to outside with ecological fleece at all sound bridges, wood fibreboards, and 80mm ballast layer for upstairs/downstairs sound protection
• Very well insulated with 180 mm Dobry cellulose wall insulation, Pro-choice airtight system and Pro-Clima DB and vapour check
• Leidig wall heating in bathroom and hallway
• Marmoleum eco-Lino in hall, bathrooms and utility
• Solid larch windows, back door and French doors, argon gas filled, double glazed, 5 point closings with regular and tilt openings
• Solid Larch front door with glass
• Solid Larch windowsills, window and door surrounds
• Seiler bespoke solid wood staircase
• Solid wood Douglas Fir tongue and groove floorboards
• Solid wood beams and ceiling boards
• Private Well
• Kal Co Salt Water Softner
• Liscannor stone entry ramp
• Decking Area
• BBQ Area
• Approx. 7km from Gort town centre
• Broadband available
• National schools located close by
• On secondary school bus route
• BER: B2
BER: B2 BER No.111882627 Energy Performance Indicator:111.63 kWh/m²/yr
This area is entered via a solid larch front door, there is Marmoleum eco-Lino flooring, Leidig wall heating for coat hanging area, pellet storage area, , Seiler bespoke solid wood staircase leading upstairs.
This area has a bespoke solid wood spalted Beech kitchen units/worktops and breakfast bar, large double drainer sink, stainless steel gas stove and oven, under counter integrated fridge and freezer,integrated rubbish/recycling/green waste drawer, French doors leading to large decking and barbecue area, eco paint finishes, Reverse osmosis filtered drinking water system, Solid wood Douglas Fir tongue and groove floorboards, south facing for passive solar gain, triple aspect.
This room has a Pellet stove, glass door, Solid wood Douglas Fir tongue and groove floorboards.
This room has solid wood Douglas Fir tongue and groove floorboards, solid wood beams and ceiling boards, and eco paint finishes.
This area contains a large 1m sq shower unit with Leidig wall heating, sink, toilet and bidet, Marmoleum eco-Lino flooring, towel radiator, eco paint finishes, curtain rail.
This area has Pro-solar 1000 litre hot water tank with heat exchanger, Pro solar heating, hot water and solar controls, REC Indovent HVAC Unit, Kal-co salt water softener, Marmoleum eco-Lino flooring, eco paint finishes, door to small decking area and outdoor clothes line, radiator, plumbing controls and is plumbed for a washing machine and dryer.
This area has Solid wood Douglas Fir tongue and groove floorboards, eco paint finishes, Velux skylight over stairs.
This room has solid wood Douglas Fir tongue and groove floorboards, eco paint finishes, Velux skylight with integrated blind, built in storage, dual aspect, radiator, curtains and curtain rail, large window with views to countryside
This room has solid wood Douglas Fir tongue and groove floorboards, eco paint finishes, Velux skylight with integrated blind, dual aspect, radiator, curtains and curtain rail, large window with far-reaching countryside views
Marmoleum eco-Lino flooring, towel radiator, eco paint finishes, extra large 6 ft bathtub with shower and central taps, toilet, sink, Velux skylight and tiled walls
Substantial private rear garden with far-reaching views to the countryside, established garden beds to the front, Liscannor stone entry ramp to house- wheelchair friendly gradient, Wooden shed- 13 sqm, 2 decking areas: large 32 sqm decking area with built-in seating and smaller 6 sqm decking area, barbecue area, block wall, Polytunnel- 4 x 6 m with established raised beds/potting table/water connection and sink, Private well, Biocycle waste water treatment system, outside steps made of Liscannor stone and sleepers, areas for parking by house and by the road, brown stone drive to front/side and rear, 10 sq. m of solar panels
Viewing is strictly by appointment only to arrange a viewing please contact Farrell Auctioneers, Vlauers & Estate Agents on 091 - 632688 or 086 - 2455925